As a research scientist, I use computer models to understand what governs chemicals in air: from emissions through chemical and physical transformation and ultimately removal. Most of my work focuses on particles which can have negative impacts on health. Understanding their sources will allow us to better understand how to improve public health.
- Ambient particulate matter
- Interactions between biogenic and anthropogenically-controlled species
- Chemical transport modeling (for example, with CMAQ)
- Properties of organic compounds in the environment
- Chemicals of emerging concern (e.g. nanomaterials, per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, volatile consumer products)
Disclaimer: Any views presented here are solely those of the author.